We are recruiting
11 Marie-Curie PhD POSITIONS in the project EDULIA, on Children healthy eating.
The program is part of an ITN-ETN Marie Curie Training Network, funded by the EU through Horizon 2020.
Edulia is a multi-disciplinary and inter-sectorial European Training and Research Network with a global reach.
Our network will train 11 innovative and adaptable researchers in high-level skills across complementary fields through studying children’s food choices, in order to build strong career development paths.
The training program includes multidisciplinary scientific training within both natural and social sciences, secondments in academic and non-academic organisations, and courses in transferable skills, promoting science communication and outreach.
Links to positions are found here.
- Helping children eat healthy
- A message for the industry: Less sugar is possible
- Edulia Conference - Florence June 2022
- New paper: Development of an emoji-based self-report measurement tool to measure emotions elicited by foods in preadolescents
- Final Consortium Meeting and General Assembly
- New thesis: The Role of Emotions, Personality Traits, and Sensory Sensitivity in Preadolescents’ Food Preferences
- New thesis: New methodologies in sensory and consumer research with preadolescents to guide product development of healthy, child-centered food
- New thesis: Formation of healthy eating habits in children aged 0-3 years: supporting the development of public health guidelines dissemination material and its evaluation with parents and healthcare professionals
- New paper: Listening to children voices in early stages of new product development through co-creation – Creative focus group and online platform
- Expanding food worlds of pre-adolescents: Practical guidelines to support pre-adolescents in eating healthy outside home in a tempting food environment
- New paper - Parenthood as a window of opportunity for dietary changes: perspectives from Uruguayan parents
- Edulia Conference programme
- Edulia final conference postponed
- Make the sensory testing fun for preadolescents! The use of gamification in the sensory test setup with children
- New paper: Young children’s eating in the absence of hunger: links with children’s control abilities, their weight status, and maternal controlling feeding practices.
- Measuring basic tastes and fattiness sensitivity in preadolescents and the relation to children’s food liking
- New thesis: Transitioning to parenthood: Factors influencing new parents’ healthy eating behaviours and strategies for change
- A remote sensory testing during Covid-19 pandemic with preadolescents
- New Paper: Measuring basic tastes and fattiness sensitivity in preadolescents and the relation to children’s food liking
- New Paper: Preadolescents’ taste sensitivity is associated with their eating behaviour
- Edulia Conference – Bringing down barriers to children’s healthy eating, 21st-22nd June
- New thesis: Peer, sibling and social media influence on preadolescent children’s healthy eating behaviour
- New thesis: Taste sensitivity in pre-adolescent children
- New paper: Does Responsiveness to Basic Tastes Influence Preadolescents’ Food Liking? Investigating Taste Responsiveness Segment on Bitter-Sour-Sweet and Salty-Umami Model Food Samples
- New PhD on maternal and paternal feeding practices
- New thesis on conceptual knowledge about food and links to food rejection
- New paper: Contrasts and ambivalences in French parents’ experiences regarding changes in eating and cooking behaviours during the COVID-19 lockdown.
- First PhD in Edulia on sugar reduction in dairy products targeted at children
- New paper: Children’s sweet tooth: Explicit ratings vs. Implicit bias measured by the Approach avoidance task (AAT)
- New paper: Information seeking of French parents regarding infant and young child feeding: practices, needs and determinants
- New paper: How do French parents determine portion sizes for their pre-schooler? A qualitative exploration of the parent-child division of responsibility and influencing factors
- New paper: The Perceptions and Needs of French Parents and Pediatricians Concerning Information on Complementary Feeding
- New paper: Are food parenting practices gendered? Impact of mothers' and fathers' practices on their child's eating behaviors.
- New paper: The influence of label information on the snacks parents choose for their children: Individual differences in a choice based conjoint test
- New paper: "Do children favor snacks and dislike vegetables? Exploring children’s food preferences using drawing as a projective technique. A cross-cultural study"
- New paper: The role of peers, siblings and social media for children’s healthy eating socialization: a mixed methods study
- New paper: Dutch Preadolescents’ Food Consumption at School
- New paper: The Meaning of Emoji to Describe Food Experiences in Pre-Adolescents
- New paper: Can children use temporal sensory methods to describe visual and food stimuli?
- New paper: Strawberries and Cream: The Relationship between Food Rejection and Thematic Knowledge of Food in Young Children
- Award to Edulia Early stage researcher
- Edulia webinar from Institut Paul Bocuse: Cognitive and Social variables modulating food rejection (or acceptance) in children.
- New paper: Child eating behaviors, parental feeding practices and food shopping motivations during the COVID-19 lockdown in France: (How) did they change?
- Oscar and Sophies’ vegetable friends
- Edulia webinar on children and healthy eating - with video from the seminar
- Video of father & daughter enjoying the superpowers of healthy eating!
- New paper: Children as food designers: The potential of co-creation to make the healthy choice the preferred one
- Secondment at the MAPP centre, Aarhus University, Denmark – Kaat Philippe (ESR7)
- New paper: Perspectives on sugar consumption expressed on social media by French-speaking and Danish-speaking parents
- Infographics: Recommendations on how to tackle nutrition issues among parents
- New paper: Significant sugar-reduction in dairy products targeted at children is possible without affecting hedonic perception
- Impressions from Eurosense – A sense of Innovation
- New paper: Do Basic Tastes and Fattiness Sensitivity Influence Food Liking in Preadolescents?
- Starting a new position during a pandemic
- Get to know the early stage researchers - interview with Carina Mueller - new ESR in the project
- New paper: Preadolescents’healthy eating behavior:peeping through the social norms approach
- An Early Stage Researcher’s diary during corona times
- New paper: How children approach a CATA test influences the outcome. Insights on ticking styles from two case studies with 6–9-year old children
- What it is like to be Early Stage Researcher during the Covid-19-situation
- PhD life: some anecdotes on struggles, growth and passion from ESR8-Andreia
- New paper: Early parenthood can represent either a downturn or an opportunity for healthy eating behaviours: Study results with practical guidance for health professionals
- New paper: Children’s selection of emojis to express food-elicited emotions in varied eating contexts
- Foodwiser: A podcast with Edulia insights and beyond
- Two-year position open for early stage researchers (ESR)
- Impact of parenthood on eating behaviours: practical guidance for health professionals
- New paper: The influence of peers′ and siblings′ on children’s and adolescents′ healthy eating behavior
- DO WE EAT HEALTHIER AFTER BECOMING PARENTS?
- Smell Detection Game and the Flavor vs Taste Experiment - different languages
- Infographics: QUALITY FOOD TIME IN QUARANTINE - different languages
- New paper: The ability of 10–11-year-old children to identify basic tastes and their liking towards unfamiliar foods
- Edulia presents: QUALITY FOOD TIME IN QUARANTINE
- Secondment at Santé publique France - Sofia de Rosso (ESR6)
- How is Edulia affected by the Corona situation?
- Paper on why children accept or reject foods
- Edulia fun facts
- Experiences ESR7 Kaat Philippe - Secondment Institut Paul Bocuse, Ecully, France
- Cross-modal interactions as a strategy for sugar reduction in products targeted at children: Case study with vanilla milk desserts
- Did you know that Norwegian children eat ramen after school?
- Children preferred to be product developers instead of helping an alien
- Cross-cultural data collection on new parents’ eating behaviors
- School-based interventions to promote water consumption
- Sweets as comfort: facing the post-partum period
- A Fear of Food? Breaking barriers in children’s mistrust for food
- The Role of Emotions in Children’s Food Preferences
- Your Diet Means More Than You Think.
- On the Creation of Conscious Eaters
- ESRs receive prices at conferences and workshops
- What do they see in You?
- Early stage researchers have been on secondments
- Sweet Sweet Dairy!
- Pre-adolescents don’t know what parsnip is
- Role models in children’s eating behavior
- Early stage researcher activities in Edulia
- Why children like candies and tend to reject broccoli?
- How fruit consumption at schools can be increased through nudging
- Guiding parents through the initiation of complementary feeding
- Children spent a huge amount of time with their friends and peers and the relationship with them have a significant influence on their development.
- How can sweet taste preferences be changed?
- The earlier the better
- Taste detectives for a day
- Children as co-creators of a healthy food product
- Get to know the early stage researchers - interview with Abigail (ESR10)
- Get to know the early stage researchers - interview with María (ESR5)
- Get to know the early stage researchers - interview with Sofia (ESR6)
- Get to know the early stage researchers - interview with Kaat (ESR7)
- Get to know the early stage researchers - interview with Andreia (ESR8)
- Get to know the early stage researchers – interview with Roselinde (ESR4)
- Get to know the early stage researchers – interview with Martina (ESR1)
- Get to know the early stage researchers – interview with Ana (ESR11)
- Get to know the early stage researchers - interview with Julia (ESR3)
- Get to know the early stage researchers - interview with Ervina (ESR2)
- Get to know the early stage researchers - interview with Tija (ESR9)
- Current trends in children research
- Edulia in prime time TV in Norway
- How Can Children be Encouraged to Eat Healthily?
- Bringing down barriers to children's healthy eating