Award to Edulia Early stage researcher
One of the early stage researchers (ESRs) in Edulia, Abigail Pickard in the cognitive science research team at Institut Paul Bocuse Research Center, received a Policy Research award from the Society for Research in Child Development committee during the 2021 biennial meeting. The subject of her poster presentation was: “Strawberries and cream: The relationship between young children’s food rejection and thematic category knowledge of food.”
For more information: https://lnkd.in/dD3BvFJ
The full paper can be found here
award, cognitice science, ESR10, food rejection, thematic categorisation
- Helping children eat healthy
- A message for the industry: Less sugar is possible
- Edulia Conference - Florence June 2022
- New paper: Development of an emoji-based self-report measurement tool to measure emotions elicited by foods in preadolescents
- Final Consortium Meeting and General Assembly
- New thesis: The Role of Emotions, Personality Traits, and Sensory Sensitivity in Preadolescents’ Food Preferences
- Extended deadline for abstracts to Edulia conference
- Paper about Weight Status and Mental Well-Being Among Adolescents
- New thesis: New methodologies in sensory and consumer research with preadolescents to guide product development of healthy, child-centered food
- New thesis: Formation of healthy eating habits in children aged 0-3 years: supporting the development of public health guidelines dissemination material and its evaluation with parents and healthcare professionals
- New paper: Listening to children voices in early stages of new product development through co-creation – Creative focus group and online platform
- New paper - Capturing food-elicited emotions: Facial decoding of children’s implicit and explicit responses to tasted samples
- Expanding food worlds of pre-adolescents: Practical guidelines to support pre-adolescents in eating healthy outside home in a tempting food environment
- New paper: Parental feeding practices and parental involvement in child feeding in Denmark: gender differences and predictors
- New paper - Parenthood as a window of opportunity for dietary changes: perspectives from Uruguayan parents
- Edulia Conference programme
- Edulia final conference postponed
- Make the sensory testing fun for preadolescents! The use of gamification in the sensory test setup with children
- New paper: Young children’s eating in the absence of hunger: links with children’s control abilities, their weight status, and maternal controlling feeding practices.
- Measuring basic tastes and fattiness sensitivity in preadolescents and the relation to children’s food liking
- New thesis: Transitioning to parenthood: Factors influencing new parents’ healthy eating behaviours and strategies for change
- A remote sensory testing during Covid-19 pandemic with preadolescents
- New Paper: Measuring basic tastes and fattiness sensitivity in preadolescents and the relation to children’s food liking
- New Paper: Preadolescents’ taste sensitivity is associated with their eating behaviour
- Edulia Conference – Bringing down barriers to children’s healthy eating, 21st-22nd June
- New thesis: Peer, sibling and social media influence on preadolescent children’s healthy eating behaviour
- New thesis: Taste sensitivity in pre-adolescent children
- New paper: Does Responsiveness to Basic Tastes Influence Preadolescents’ Food Liking? Investigating Taste Responsiveness Segment on Bitter-Sour-Sweet and Salty-Umami Model Food Samples
- New PhD on maternal and paternal feeding practices
- New thesis on conceptual knowledge about food and links to food rejection
- New paper: Contrasts and ambivalences in French parents’ experiences regarding changes in eating and cooking behaviours during the COVID-19 lockdown.
- First PhD in Edulia on sugar reduction in dairy products targeted at children
- New paper: Children’s sweet tooth: Explicit ratings vs. Implicit bias measured by the Approach avoidance task (AAT)
- New paper: Information seeking of French parents regarding infant and young child feeding: practices, needs and determinants
- New paper: How do French parents determine portion sizes for their pre-schooler? A qualitative exploration of the parent-child division of responsibility and influencing factors
- New paper: The Perceptions and Needs of French Parents and Pediatricians Concerning Information on Complementary Feeding
- New paper: Are food parenting practices gendered? Impact of mothers' and fathers' practices on their child's eating behaviors.
- New paper: The influence of label information on the snacks parents choose for their children: Individual differences in a choice based conjoint test
- New paper: "Do children favor snacks and dislike vegetables? Exploring children’s food preferences using drawing as a projective technique. A cross-cultural study"
- New paper: The role of peers, siblings and social media for children’s healthy eating socialization: a mixed methods study
- New paper: Dutch Preadolescents’ Food Consumption at School
- New paper: The Meaning of Emoji to Describe Food Experiences in Pre-Adolescents
- New paper: Can children use temporal sensory methods to describe visual and food stimuli?
- New paper: Strawberries and Cream: The Relationship between Food Rejection and Thematic Knowledge of Food in Young Children
- Edulia webinar from Institut Paul Bocuse: Cognitive and Social variables modulating food rejection (or acceptance) in children.
- New paper: Child eating behaviors, parental feeding practices and food shopping motivations during the COVID-19 lockdown in France: (How) did they change?
- Oscar and Sophies’ vegetable friends
- Edulia webinar on children and healthy eating - with video from the seminar
- Video of father & daughter enjoying the superpowers of healthy eating!
- New paper: Children as food designers: The potential of co-creation to make the healthy choice the preferred one
- Secondment at the MAPP centre, Aarhus University, Denmark – Kaat Philippe (ESR7)
- New paper: Perspectives on sugar consumption expressed on social media by French-speaking and Danish-speaking parents
- Infographics: Recommendations on how to tackle nutrition issues among parents
- New paper: Significant sugar-reduction in dairy products targeted at children is possible without affecting hedonic perception
- Impressions from Eurosense – A sense of Innovation
- New paper: Do Basic Tastes and Fattiness Sensitivity Influence Food Liking in Preadolescents?
- Starting a new position during a pandemic
- ESR9 Peer and sibling influence on children’s healthy eating behavior (preadolescents)
- Get to know the early stage researchers - interview with Carina Mueller - new ESR in the project
- New paper: Preadolescents’healthy eating behavior:peeping through the social norms approach
- An Early Stage Researcher’s diary during corona times
- New paper: How children approach a CATA test influences the outcome. Insights on ticking styles from two case studies with 6–9-year old children
- What it is like to be Early Stage Researcher during the Covid-19-situation
- PhD life: some anecdotes on struggles, growth and passion from ESR8-Andreia
- New paper: Early parenthood can represent either a downturn or an opportunity for healthy eating behaviours: Study results with practical guidance for health professionals
- New paper: Children’s selection of emojis to express food-elicited emotions in varied eating contexts
- Foodwiser: A podcast with Edulia insights and beyond
- Two-year position open for early stage researchers (ESR)
- Impact of parenthood on eating behaviours: practical guidance for health professionals
- New paper: The influence of peers′ and siblings′ on children’s and adolescents′ healthy eating behavior
- DO WE EAT HEALTHIER AFTER BECOMING PARENTS?
- Smell Detection Game and the Flavor vs Taste Experiment - different languages
- Infographics: QUALITY FOOD TIME IN QUARANTINE - different languages
- New paper: The ability of 10–11-year-old children to identify basic tastes and their liking towards unfamiliar foods
- Edulia presents: QUALITY FOOD TIME IN QUARANTINE
- Secondment at Santé publique France - Sofia de Rosso (ESR6)
- How is Edulia affected by the Corona situation?
- Paper on why children accept or reject foods
- Edulia fun facts
- Experiences ESR7 Kaat Philippe - Secondment Institut Paul Bocuse, Ecully, France
- Cross-modal interactions as a strategy for sugar reduction in products targeted at children: Case study with vanilla milk desserts
- Did you know that Norwegian children eat ramen after school?
- Children preferred to be product developers instead of helping an alien
- Cross-cultural data collection on new parents’ eating behaviors
- School-based interventions to promote water consumption
- Sweets as comfort: facing the post-partum period
- A Fear of Food? Breaking barriers in children’s mistrust for food
- The Role of Emotions in Children’s Food Preferences
- Your Diet Means More Than You Think.
- On the Creation of Conscious Eaters
- ESRs receive prices at conferences and workshops
- What do they see in You?
- Early stage researchers have been on secondments
- Sweet Sweet Dairy!
- Pre-adolescents don’t know what parsnip is
- Role models in children’s eating behavior
- Early stage researcher activities in Edulia
- ESR8 Factors influencing new parent’s healthy eating behavior (preschoolers)
- Why children like candies and tend to reject broccoli?
- How fruit consumption at schools can be increased through nudging
- Guiding parents through the initiation of complementary feeding
- Children spent a huge amount of time with their friends and peers and the relationship with them have a significant influence on their development.
- How can sweet taste preferences be changed?
- The earlier the better
- Taste detectives for a day
- Children as co-creators of a healthy food product
- Get to know the early stage researchers - interview with Abigail (ESR10)
- Get to know the early stage researchers - interview with María (ESR5)
- Get to know the early stage researchers - interview with Sofia (ESR6)
- ESR11 Strategies to reduce the sugar content of dairy products targeted at children
- ESR7 Impact of caregivers’ feeding practices on children’s eating behaviours and intake regulation (preschoolers)
- Get to know the early stage researchers - interview with Kaat (ESR7)
- Get to know the early stage researchers - interview with Andreia (ESR8)
- ESR6 Formation of healthy eating habits in children aged 0-3: development of public health guideline dissemination material and effect on parental feeding practices and on children’s eating behaviour.
- Get to know the early stage researchers – interview with Roselinde (ESR4)
- Get to know the early stage researchers – interview with Martina (ESR1)
- ESR10 Food rejections in preschoolers: where it comes from and how it can be modulated (preschoolers)
- Get to know the early stage researchers – interview with Ana (ESR11)
- Get to know the early stage researchers - interview with Julia (ESR3)
- ESR1 New methodologies in sensory and consumer research with preadolescents to guide product development of healthy, child-centred food
- ESR5: Sweet taste perception in young children
- Get to know the early stage researchers - interview with Ervina (ESR2)
- ESR3 The role of emotions, personality traits and sensory sensitivity in food preferences in children (preadolescents)
- ESR2 Importance of sensory sensitivity for food perception among children (preadolescents)
- ESR4 Nudging children towards healthier food choices (preadolescents)
- Get to know the early stage researchers - interview with Tija (ESR9)
- Current trends in children research
- Edulia in prime time TV in Norway
- Edulia positions
- How Can Children be Encouraged to Eat Healthily?
- WP2 Sensory Perception & Food Choice
- WP3 Methods development
- WP4: Healthy food product development
- WP5: Pleasure, satiation and overeating
- WP6: Social influences on children's healthy eating habits: impact of parenting and of interactions with peers
- WP7: Nudging and social marketing for change
- Bringing down barriers to children's healthy eating